Thank you to our Sponsors...
Day 1 (Tuesday, October 17)
07:00: Tradeshow Set-Up – Badge pick up for Exhibitors
09:00: Registration Desk Opens
09:30 Trade Show opens - coffee served
10:00 – 10:05: Opening Remarks – ABCMI (Executive Director)
10:05 – 10:20: Opening PSPC Speaker – Simon Page, ADM Defence & Marine Procurement
10:20 – 12:00: PSPC Marine Procurement Outlook & Activities – PSPC
12:00 – 13:00: Lunch – Networking and Trade Show
13:00 – 13:20: Featured Speaker – RAdm C. A. Robinson, Commander Maritime Forces Pacific
13:20 – 14:45: Panel # 1 – Leadership View: Opportunities for Industry. Supporting the evolution and sustainment of the federal fleets.
Moderator: Alex Rueben
- PSPC – Randy Roberts, Director General, Large Ship Construction
- RCN – Capt(N) Frédéric Pierre, Director, Non Combatant Vessels
- CCG – Robb Wight, Director General, Vessel Procurement
- Tier 1 – Simon Hughes, Canadian Naval Programs Business Development, Lockheed Martin Canada
- ISSC – Chris Pogue, President & CEO, Thales Canada Defence and Security
14:45 – 15:15: Coffee & Health Break – Networking and Trade Show
15:15 – 16:15: Panel # 2 – Canada’s Indo-Pacific Strategy and NORAD Renewal: Opportunity for Maritime Industry
Moderator: VAdm (Ret'd) Bruce Donaldson, Associate, CFN Consultants
- Simon Page, PSPC ADM Defence & Marine Procurement
- RAdm Chris Robinson, RCN, Commander Maritime Forces Pacific
- Brian Job, Professor Emeritus, Department of Political Science and School of Public Policy and Global Affairs, UBC
- Hassan Kamalinejad, Senior Manager, Trade Policy and Negotiations, BC Gov't
16:15 – 17:15: Panel # 3 – ITB 101, Industrial & Technological Benefits – An Industry Perspective – What Offset Managers want businesses to know about ITBs
Moderator: Shawn Roy, Senior Director - Corporate Development, MDA
- Chad Hey, IRB Manager, Seaspan Vancouver Shipyards
- Tom Rose, Director, Offsets and Industrial Participation, Thales Canada
- Andrew Coates, ITB Off-Set Manager, Lockheed Martin Canada
- Brandon Wright, CEO, Barnacle Systems Inc.
17:15 – 19:15: Networking Reception (in Trade Show area)
Day 2 (Wednesday, October 18)
08:00 – Trade Show & Registration Desk opens
08:30 – 08:35: Opening Remarks – ABCMI (Executive Director)
08:35 – 08:50: Featured Speaker – Chief Gordon Planes, T’Sou-ke First Nation
08:50 – 10:00: Panel # 4 – Addressing our Workforce Needs – Challenges and Solutions
Moderator: Paul Hilder, President, Council of Marine Carriers
- Tony Winter, Vice President & General Manager, Seaspan Victoria Shipyards
- Carole Arneson, Chief Operating Officer, Jastram Engineering
- Simon McDonald, Sector Leader, Industrial, Korn Ferry Professional Search
- Sarah Lloyd, Business Centre Manager, Business Development Bank of Canada
- Julia Fields, Executive Director, Canadian Marine Careers Foundation
10:00 – 10:30: Coffee & Health Break – Networking and Trade Show
10:30 - 12:00: Business 2 Indigenous Business (B2IB) Networking Event | Room 217 - email firstname.lastname@example.org to attend.
10:30 – 12:00: Industry Showcase – See the talent that we have amongst us
- VodaSafe - Carlyn Loncaric, CEO
- SEAMOR - Brayden Wray, Director of Strategic Sales and Training
- Current Scientific Corp - Sarah Janssens, Business Development Manager
- GE - Gene Joelson, Business Development Manager
- Cellula Robotics - Jacqueline Nichols, Business Development Manager
- ROMOR - Darren Verge, CEO
- Federal Fleet Inc. - John Schmidt, President
- Clean Oil - Babak Khodaparast, Co-Founder
12:00 – 13:00: Lunch – Networking and Trade Show
13:00 – 13:20: Featured Speaker – Chris Henderson, Deputy Commissioner Operations, CCG
13:20 – 14:30: Panel # 5 – Ocean & Marine Sector Technologies – Changing the Status Quo
Moderator: Dan McGreer, Adjunct Professor - UBC NAME Program/President ABCMI
- Miska Merikukka, General Manager, Elomatic
- James Spencer, CEO, Shift Environmental Technologies
- Paul Blomerus, Executive Director, Clear Seas
- Timo Vesala, Sales Manager (Americas), ABB
14:30 – 15:00: Coffee & Health Break – Networking and Trade Show
15:00 – 16:00: Panel # 6 – BC Maritime Industries Strategy – What does it mean for your business?
Moderator: Fazil Mihlar, Deputy Minister, BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Innovation
- Lori MacKenzie, Executive Director, Strategic and Corporate Initiatives, BC Minsitry of Jobs, Economic Development and Innovation
- Chelsea Chalifour, Executive Director, Labour Market Policy & Research, BC Ministry of Post Secondary Education and Future Skills
- Jennifer Kroll, Executive Director, Low Carbon Fuels, BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation
- Alex Rueben, Executive Director, Association of British Columbia Marine Industries
16:00: Concluding remarks – ABCMI (Executive Director and President)
We have secured a room block at the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel located at 1128 West Hastings St.
Booking link: https://book.passkey.com/go/ABCMIGroup
Booking deadline is September 19th.
|ABCMI Grant Program|
|ARKTOS Developments Ltd.|
|Barnacle Systems Inc|
|British Columbia Institute of Technology|
|Britmar Marine Ltd.|
|Business Development Bank of Canada|
|Coastal Restoration Society|
|Current Scientific Corporation|
|Eaglecraft Custom Boats|
|Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence|
|McRae Electric Ltd.|
|Powertech Labs Inc|
|Procurement Assistance Canada|
|Robert Allan Limited|
|SEAMOR Marine Ltd.|
Are you a Marine Industry Supplier interested in doing business with Indigenous Marine Suppliers and Indigenous Community Members? Registered Business Opportunities Conference & Trade Show Delegates are invited to join Public Services Procurement Canada – Marine Service & Small Vessels Sector for the Business to Indigenous Business (B2IB) Networking Event on Wednesday, October 18 from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm. This will take place next to the main conference hall in room 217.
The purpose of the Business to Indigenous Business Networking (B2IB) event is to bring the Marine Industry Suppliers together with Indigenous Suppliers, Indigenous Community Members, and Government of Canada officials to explore opportunities to increase Indigenous participation in federal procurement through subcontracting, or through employment/apprenticeship opportunities with other Marine Suppliers.
This event will be delivered in English only. Please contact Vanessa Good-Davidson at email@example.com for any questions related to this event.
We look forward to seeing you in October!