Innovative Solutions Canada - Canadian Coastal Zone Information System - Public Services and Procurement Canada is seeking a one-stop decision support system, capable of solving marine infrastructure planning and assessing climate change risks.
Ocean Start-up Challenge - The Ocean Startup Challenge has launched and submissions are due on August 14, 2020. The goal of this OSC supported ecosystem project is to create and grow ocean technology startups. The Challenge needs applicants who are want to make a positive impact on the growing ocean economy by solving industry challenges, primarily from the following areas:
- Healthy oceans and ecosystem services
- Ocean transportation
- Enabling technologies and data analytics
Innovators who apply to solve an ocean challenge with their technology solutions could gain:
- one of up to 10 prizes of $25,000 CDN to prototype or develop their solution (and up to another $200,000 CDN later if they are finalists in the second phase of the Challenge)
- access to a roster of engaged mentors and innovation leaders ready to guide innovators
- training through foundational bootcamps and other virtual sessions
- key resources, support and connections that innovators need to succeed, including sharing more than $18,000 in collective services and resources from in-kind sponsors
- a curated experience to help them leverage Canada's extensive and supportive innovation ecosystem
Ocean Startup Challenge statements, eligibility, frequently asked questions and application details are available from www.oceanstartupchallenge.ca.
Second Call for Proposals – OSC Accelerated Ocean Solutions Program (AOSP) – The Ocean Supercluster (OSC) has issued a second Call for Proposals under their Accelerated Ocean Solutions Program to further invest in ocean projects and trigger additional industry investment in innovation and capacity building in oceans during this challenging time. This is a deadline-driven, competitive opportunity for ocean projects that can be completed in less than 2 years. The AOSP July 2020 Call for Proposals will focus on three project themes including:
- Remote operations;
- Digital/automated technologies; and
- Environmental technologies.
Projects must have a compelling strategy to capitalize on emerging opportunities and overcome challenges in the context of the current market and operational conditions, and deliver a definitive outcome in an accelerated timeframe. The application process is now open and begins with Expressions of Interest which must be submitted by August 11, 2020 at 4 p.m. Atlantic time to be considered.
Calling all Suppliers - Supply Products and Services to Support B.C.'s COVID-19 Response
Are you a business that can supply products and services in support of B.C.'s COVID-19 response?
As worldwide demand increases, the B.C. Government is looking for both medical and non-medical products and services to help with the response. See the link for details. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/supply-products-services